Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ponds Age Miracle Day Cream with SPF15 Review

I first bought the Ponds age miracle cream sometime last year when there was an offer of 50% discount with 7 days return offer. I don’t remember the exact offer but it was something like try the age miracle and if after 7 days you don’t see the age reversing effect then get your money back…the offer ofcourse came with T&Cs applied. I bought this for my mom, not expecting any earth shattering results…I just thought even if it works as a good day cream for her it fulfils the purpose as it has SPF too and I was getting the bigger jar for around 300 bucks. The rates as we all must have seen from ads, have reduced now.

It ofcourse showed no such age reversing effect on my mom as the offer claimed but it did no harm either and she likes using it too.



Left 50 ml ; Right 30 ml
What it claims :
Powered by one of our best age-fighting technology – Advanced CLA4 Complex, this smooth textured day cream is specially developed to fight fine liner and diminish age spots.

Advanced CLA4 Complex combines our latest anit-ageing actives : CLA + AHA + Pro-Retinol + Retinol Boosters.

Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic

Ingredients :

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide/Alumina/Methicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Potassium Chloride, titanium Dioxide/dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Mica/Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Perfume, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Cholestrol, DMDM Hydantoin, Sucrose Distearate, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Acetamide MEA, Disodium EDTA, Ammonium Lactate, Retinyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed oil, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, BHT, CI 17200

That’s a long list…aint it

Price : Rs. 199 for 30 ml & Rs. 299 for 50 ml. Use within 2 years of manufacturing.

Though I had initially purchased this for mom, I read somewhere that 25+ is the right age to start using anti-ageing products hence I too thought of giving this cream a shot.

As you can see, the bigger jar is already over but I’ve not thrown it away yet…I can use this to store something else later.

The ponds age miracle cream comes in a semi-transparent glass jar with a red cover. I quite like the shape of the jar. The cream itself is light weight in light baby pink colour. It has a very pleasant fragrance but once you apply the cream on your face the fragrance is not that evident. But atleast you would like it while using it. The best part which I like about the cream is the teeny-weeny illuminating particles which give an extremely glowing and dewy finish. However, the illuminating particles are extremely tiny & subtle and hence it doesn’t make you shine like a disco ball at all.


Can you see the light baby pink colour of the cream?

Can you see the amount of quantity used? I have been using this cream every single day since last 3-4 months. I've used only 1/4 of the jar yet.


Can you see the illuminating effect?


What I like about the Pond’s Age Miracle
-          It gets very easily absorbed in the skin. You don’t need any extra effort or time to use this.
-          It has SPF15, hence I don’t need to apply sunscreen separately on my face.
-          It has PA++ which gives protection against UVA rays.
-          The illuminating particles give a glowing, dewy look to the face.
-          It gives a very even finish to my skin.
-          It leaves my skin soft and supple. I like the feel of my skin after applying this.
-          I don’t use foundation daily. Just this cream and compact works as an excellent base for my everyday makeup.
-          A little goes a long way. You need very little quantity for each use. The bigger jar lasted me for around 6-7 months that too with my mom also using it quite alot of times.
-          The glass jar is quite sturdy. I have even traveled with this and it has not broken or cracked.
-          It is non-comedogenic.


What I dislike about the Pond’s Age Miracle
I personally don’t dislike anything really. I found the earlier price on the higher side but the rates too have been drastically reduced now. I am not really sure on how the anti-ageing thing is working…I mean is it really helping delay the ageing process for my skin but since I like the cream otherwise, I would continue using it hoping that it is working on the anti-ageing part as well.

Though for me this cream works absolutely fine, I think maybe…just maybe…if not absorbed properly in the skin this might leave a whitish cast for dark skin tone people.

Another thing which some might not like is you need to dip your fingers in the jar to get the product, unhygienic right?


Would I re-purchase: Definitely yes. I wanted to try the tinted moisturizer from the age miracle range, hence I recently purchased that as well. Though it is too soon to pass a judgement on the tinted moisturizer, I am liking that as well. So I am not sure in future I would like to continue with the cream or switch to the tinted moisturizer or I might just keep both in my kity and use as per my mood since both seem to be working quite well.


Have you tried anything from the Pond's Age Miracle Range? Do you use anti-ageing products?

18 comments:

  1. i thought this product was only for ladies in their 30's or something :S
    u also use it with your mom ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey HD..I wanted to try this but I am wary of moisturizers with SPF..invariably they don't suit me and I get these stupid pimples after about a week or two..like just when I think its all good and its suiting me :-(( Got the Ponds TM for my mom, and it made her face so oily and dark (she has dry skin actually) that I am scared to get this one for her!

    And I do that too, keep the empty dabba for storing small stuff in :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read at couple of places that 25+ is the rite age to start using anti-ageing products..I am already there so using it..though on my mom it doesnt have any age-reversing effect, I am hoping it to work on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rads...I have normal-dry skin but this suited me fine...seems like you and ur mom have kinda sensitive skin...I am on my second jar and it hasnt broken me out at all....neither has my mom faced any such problem...

    I am using the TM since 2 weeks now and though I am liking it I find it little drying when compared to this cream...but I am liking tht as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know everyone everyone loves the TM..thats why happily I got it for her..ya must be something with our skins :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might give it a try. It looks nice. And I must start using anti ageing stuff now. :((

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey u na i bought this after hearing it from you :)
    hd u r hmmmmm inspiring everybody around ahhhahha i know its bad for our pocket but its good for us na :)
    i still have to dig this a lot but i loved ur review :)
    hey if u wanna give me ur TM just bring that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give it a try Rati...you will like it...I personally think u might find the TM very drying..

    @ Rashmi : Inspiring!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! this one is not bad for the pocket also na...it lasts a long time...thank you soo much for liking the review...I want ur suggestions always !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D i like the smell.. my maasi's tm was in my house.. i think it still is.. but it expired. i only smelt it!:P hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya it smells really nice...but I think u still ahve time to start using anti-ageing :D your too young for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have used this but didnt like it too much coz it made my skin rather greasy. Im using the night cream now, and like this much more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I have used this cream and yes it certainly doesn't do anything as far as the anti aging thing is considered. But i think the tainted moisturizer from the same brand is pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear i loved the review :) infact i never go in detail :( bad for me ...

    and i am loving this and always checks in mirror how illuminating it is :) but yeah it doesnt look odd :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Renuca...u didnt like this ha...if u found this greasy thn u might like the tinted moisturizer as I found that more drying thn the cream...hows the night cream working for you?

    @ Soft, Sweet & Gentle : Welcome to my blog and thanks for following :) The tinted moisturizer is a fav amongst quite a lot of my friends too...I just bght that like 2-3 weeks back so too soon to pass a judgement but I might just keep re-purchasing both :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rashmi dear...you continue to write ur reviews the way ur doing rite now...tht style of writing is yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What age group can use this cream?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!

Do leave your feedback & suggestions. I will get back to you as soon as possible so do check back again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...